Who knows about https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/update.sh?

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 10:53:09 PST 2015

Am 28.01.2015 um 18:10 schrieb weaselcat:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 17:01:07 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 16:18:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> We have a really nice script:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/update.sh
>>>

>> And once again this only works for linux...
>> DMDs test framework is also a hell to use on Windows. It takes 5 times
>> as long to run on Windows compared to linux.
>
> Should work fine on any POSIX compliant system with zsh. Use cygwin?
> Not really surprising windows isn't well supported, it's not a
> developer's platform. Does msvc C even support C99 yet?

Microsoft does not have a offical C compiler. They only have a C++
compiler. And as a result they are also not supporting C99, they only
support that part of C which is required by C++ and afaik C99 is not
required by the C++ standard.

Also saying that Windows is not a developers plattform might be true for
your field of computer sience, but where I work everyone is using
windows exclusivly for development, and linux is more or less a optional
platform.