Who knows about https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/update.sh?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 11:14:31 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 18:59:24 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Ionno, I very much like the "I have nothing installed and I
> want to get my hands dirty". -- Andrei

If only D had some way of... I'm not sure what the word is... I
think it is "compiling" the source code into a form that can be
run without a preexisting development environment.

I'm not sure it is even possible to run without getting the user
to install a VM or something though. I've heard rumors that
there's this thing called "native code" and even "static
linking", whatever weird black magic that is, but I doubt D
supports any of that either.

So yeah...

seriously just offer a binary download next to the source.
Problem solved.