[website redesign] PR for the one with the big red menu bar

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 11:56:28 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 19:34:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Looking at both variants side-by-side, I think your grey
> version is much
> better. The original design is far too red. However, the grey
> version is
> also noticeably darker; maybe both the menu and the stream
> boxes on the
> right should be lightened up a bit? I'm thinking even a
> silver-metallic
> look might work. I'm no graphic designer, though, so take my
> word with a
> grain of salt. :-)

Neither am I. I have no idea how to pull off a "silver-metallic
look".

>> I can't seem to find a good border color for a lighter menu
>> background, because the lightness of the border comes close to
>> that of
>> the page background, and they blend.
>
> What about making both brighter?

I'm already in over my head here. So, maybe, I guess? But if it's
an improvement over the status quo, I'd like to try without
touching all the colors. They can always be fine-tuned later on.
Preferably by someone who knows their color ABC a little better
than me.