accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 16:03:51 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 23:22:34 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:54:27 +0000, Zach the Mystic wrote:
>
>> I think a keyword is a keyword is a keyword. If it's a keyword
>> to the
>> right it should be one everywhere. How is somethign that's a
>> built-in
>> attribute one place and an identifier in another not context
>> sensitive.
>
> yep. that is "slave to the machine" approach. i don't really
> care how
> hard machine should work to understand what i want. ;-)

I take it you also don't care if your IDE lags for 5 seconds
every time you type a character?

> i.e. i can't see why i have to deal with problems of
> compiler/tool/editor
> author. it's easy -- at least in this case -- for human to see
> where
> keywords are keywords. machine can see that too with some
> analysis.

I'm a tool writer. If I have enough problems, I don't build the
tool. The problem is now your problem.

You know what else is easy for humans? Image and audio processing
and knowing how to walk. Things that are easy for machines are
hard for humans. Things that are easy for humans are hard for
machines.

> yet somehow situation is horribly reversed: instead of machine
> helping me to
> do what i want, that's me who must obey the machine orders and
> do the
> work that machine can do for me.

If it really is work that the machine can do for you, why haven't
you made the machine do it?