Window creation, for phobos?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 17:50:50 PST 2015

On 29/01/2015 2:34 p.m., Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
> What about that Aurora project? Wasn't that supposed to fill this kind
> of role?

Window/Context creation is not the same as e.g. a GUI toolkit.
They are in fact very different.
A window/context creation library is usually within a GUI toolkit but a
GUI toolkit is never in a window/context creation library.

If I was to compare Devisualization.Window, it would be to glfw.
We will not be agreeing on a GUI toolkit in the next couple of years.
That's ok. We should at the very minimal be able to agree on how to
create a window/context and get most types of events.