Window creation, for phobos?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 18:23:48 PST 2015

On 29/01/2015 3:07 p.m., Tofu Ninja wrote:
snip

> It still seems like a good idea to try to get window creation now as
> Aurora could take a very long time to get done(if ever) and Aurora could
> use it as well.

Pretty much all GUI libraries in D already could take advantage of
Devisualization.Window.
I would rather we all focused on one library for this then 5+. Even if
each GUI toolkit wraps it up into something not similar to any others.

They can be so fiddly its not funny.
Wxwidgets for example has about 5 different event loops for OSX and they
all do pretty much the same thing. Just so you get the idea of why I'm
really pushing this.

Also partly why I will openly admit why my implementation may not be the
best. It's just too hard to get right by yourself.