accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 19:14:08 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 21:53:29 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 20:12:03 UTC, Zach the Mystic
> wrote:
>> It's utterly confusing is the problem. I would consider it a
>> great disservice to all D programmers to allow this. Just
>> because you can doesn't mean you should. Walter has emphasize
>> there is absolutely no shortage of valid words. There is
>> however, a shortage of what a programmer can keep organized in
>> his head. That's the shortage you should prioritize, sir. I'm
>> not sure how to emphasize this anymore. We may just have to
>> agree to disagree.
>
> I don't think this is confusing:
>
> void foo() safe {
>     bool safe = false;
> }
>
> Using "safe" as both a function attribute and an identifier
> doesn't seem confusing to me, however, it appears the
> leadership agrees with you so I submit.  Let's consider this
> resolved and move on to better more interesting things:)  I
> appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion and
> helping me understand the arguments against this idea.

I invested the time because you took a very polite and civil
tone. ;)  I'm glad I was able to find a way of wording it that
helped. I'm also glad Walter was able to follow it up with an
even better reasoning which speaks from deep experience, which I
could not have done. Let's move on!