Window creation, for phobos?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 29 00:18:14 PST 2015

On 29/01/2015 9:09 p.m., user wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 12:02:25 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> GUI does not belong to Phobos.
>
> That's the only reason I use Java instead of D. If GUI is not in phobos,
> it has no guaranteed support. Of course this is because I only create
> GUI desktop application.
>
> Apparently this is only my issue, all others seems to be ok with no GUI
> in phobos.

Right now I won't be suggesting any form of GUI toolkit. So even if this
got into phobos it wouldn't help most people.
It'll take at least a couple of years even if we Devisualization.Window
is agreed to be the standard window/context creation library in the D
community.

Getting a GUI toolkit into phobos isn't in the near future. So I won't
be pretending it is.

I do hope though in a few years time, we can work with GUI's semi
decently cross platform.