FAQ for newbies who see pure @safe nothrow @nogc

matovitch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 29 09:50:21 PST 2015

About the lists

Qualifiers : const (can be an method attribute), immutable (can
be an method attribute), inout, shared, (scope ?)

Attributes : const (can be a type qualifier), immutable (can be a
type qualifier), final (even so I don't understand why private
final is so special), pure, @nothrow, @property, @nogc,...

Neither qualifier nor attributes : abstract, override,... and
many others

Why "override" is not a method attribute...because if you remove
it you've change the "semantic" of the code..."final" doesn't
change anything if you remove it. To me, a function/method
attribute enforce a behaviour on the function but you should be
able to remove it without changing the "semantic".