New Wiki page to save time in the forums

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 29 10:24:27 PST 2015

The recent thread about how to solve the problem of odd looking
function attributes gave me an idea to have a page that explains
why certain decisions were made in the language.  Instead of
having to write a long thought out response every time someone
asks a question who isn't aware of previous discussion, you can
respond with a link to the page.

I've created such a page in the wiki!

http://wiki.dlang.org/Language_Designs_Explained

Currently the explanations are in the form of FAQ.  I left one
question unanswered since I don't know the answer so I encourage
someone who does to check it out and fill it in :)

Since a wiki page is not the same as a forum post, I would like
to encourage people who add questions and answers to be as
detailed as necessary.  No one wants to read a novel but every
detail you leave out will end up making someone come back to the
forums to ask about whatever was missing from the page.