FAQ for newbies who see pure @safe nothrow @nogc

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 29 11:02:21 PST 2015

On Thursday, 29 January 2015 at 18:38:33 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Does it really matter ? Please put your first post in there and
> be done with it. These proposal are not gonna happen anyway
> (the ROI is simply not there).

Post is up.  I agree with you that the ROI is not there, however,
if someone doesn't understand why then it's good to help them
understand.  It produces better developers and helps bring the D
community together to have a common understanding. In an ideal
world with infinite time we could answer everyone's questions
with great detail and walk them through all their concerns and
ideas.  However, since time is a finite resource, I think having
a wiki we can point people to is a great compromise.  I saw this
suggestion in the thread by multiple people and I think it would
help to address it in the wiki.

This attitude of thinking that addressing people's concerns
doesn't matter is a bit harsh and hurts the language.  I've seen
that many upper developers share this attitude and it pushes
people away from wanting to contribute.