accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 30 01:27:08 PST 2015

On 2015-01-29 22:50, Walter Bright wrote:

> "error message clarity, recovery, and the correct identification of the
> location of the error degrades substantially"

I never had problems with the error messages in Ruby. But I do have had
problems with them in D. Example:

int a = 3

int b = 4;

The compiler will complain there's a missing semicolon on line 4 in
front of "int". The user has most likely forget to add the semicolon at
the end of the first line.

> Notice that your comment is still relying on remaining redundancy to try
> to figure out where the ; is supposed to go.

You need some kind of separation between the statements. In Ruby a
newline works as a statement separator.

--
/Jacob Carlborg