accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 30 02:52:15 PST 2015

On Friday, 30 January 2015 at 09:21:17 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-01-29 22:47, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> Ruby also has monkey patching, another misfeature.
>
> It works great, have you actually used it? The entire Rails
> plugin system is built around monkey patching. It's far more
> successful than any D project.

I have to agree with Jacob. It's an extremely powerful tool. It's
used for things that D would use templating, introspection, CTFE
and mixins for. Of course, each of these has its disadvantages,
but that doesn't make them misfeatures at all. Unlike real
misfeatures, the chance that someone uses them (or monkey
patching) by accident and unintentionally is low.