Google Summer of Code - Again

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 30 06:11:25 PST 2015

On Friday, 30 January 2015 at 13:47:10 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On 01/30/2015 05:32 AM, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
>> It seems like its been too long since I posted asking for GSOC
>> help.
>
> I was just about to ask how things are going :).
> Thanks a lot, the page looks much better than in recent years.
> http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2015_Ideas

Thanks

>> 1) I need a volunteer for 'backup' administrator.  This is a
>> requirement, so I really
>> need someone to volunteer for this position, which with a
>> little luck
>> will require
>> exactly 0 work, and will bring you great honour and prestige.
>
> What administration tasks? I might be able to do this.

I am still getting up to speed on this.  I've been mostly focused
on the proposal/ideas page up to this point. Again, the backup is
just in case I can't fulfil my duties for whatever reason. Of
course if someone wants to take on this role and be more involved
I would be very glad to work together.  The following site gives
a run down on the duties of the administrator.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/managing-the-mentors/

>> 2) DigitalMars is listed as the mentoring orgnaization.
>> Should we
>> register rather
>> as dlang.org?
>
> There has been some discussion about a D foundation a few month
> ago.
> As far as I remember people where shying away from the legal
> complications, so that won't change any time soon.

Makes sense.