Should we remove int[$] before 2.067?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 30 15:02:23 PST 2015

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:08:13 +0000, Gary Willoughby wrote:

> We don't want the situation of C++ where people only use 80% of it's
> features and that 80% is different for everyone. I've recently been
> writing some Go code and it's become clear to me just how big of a
> language D really is.

that is the plan for D? screw the expressiveness, do it One Right Way?
fsck, WHY DIDN'T YOU WROTE THAT ON THE FRONT PAGE?! i was thinking about
opposite...

p.s. should i submit patches to remove everything that is doable with
libraries? my particular target is so-called "floating point numbers".
they only adds complexity to codegen and parser, and all floating point
functions can be written in pure D. ah, and integer multiplication as a
low-hanging fruit.