Time for 2.067

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 30 15:17:08 PST 2015

On 1/30/15 2:35 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 02:05:52PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Time to button this up and release it. Remaining regressions:
>>
>> https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=192294&query_format=advanced
>
> Have we reached a final decision about what exactly groupBy should
> return? (Or whether it should even be called 'groupBy'?) Last I heard,
> there wasn't a firm decision. We should not release with an undecided-on
> API, because that will make it much harder to change later (we will need
> to go through a full deprecation cycle, and possibly waste the name
> 'groupBy'). If we can't decide before release, we might have to revert
> groupBy for the time being.

Sorry, I thought that was in the bag. Keep current semantics, call it
chunkBy. Add the key to each group when the predicate is binary. Make
sure aggregate() works nice with chunkBy().

Stuff that can wait: grouping and aggregation for SortedRange.

> There's also the [$] issue: are we keeping it or dumping it?

I think we can at least delay it until (a) the partial deduction is
clearly defined, and (b) we figure whether a library solution is enough.
I need more signal from our brass please.

Andrei