Window creation, for phobos?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 30 21:06:16 PST 2015

On Thursday, 29 January 2015 at 08:09:16 UTC, user wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 12:02:25 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> GUI does not belong to Phobos.
>
> That's the only reason I use Java instead of D. If GUI is not
> in phobos, it has no guaranteed support. Of course this is
> because I only create GUI desktop application.
>
> Apparently this is only my issue, all others seems to be ok
> with no GUI in phobos.

Getting into Phobos does not add magical support guarantees. If
there is a good GUI library in dub registry, you will get as much
support from its author there as if it was in Phobos. Much more,
in fact, as getting any changes is more difficult and
time-consuming than into owned package.

Most important additions to Phobos are those that can define
standard API for building user libraries on top. Very common
utilities that have no real controversy about their
implementation are good too, though less important.

But there are many different incompatible GUI options out there
and no single option that would satisfy everyone. Even worse,
there is no such "fits everyone" library out there at all, in any
language.