Let's bikeshed std.experimental.testing assertions/checks/whatchamacallits

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 1 02:08:21 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 1 July 2015 at 08:40:24 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:

> I hate its verbosity and all I really want to write is
> `assert(a > b)` and get a decent error message.

I haven't been following this too closely as there is only so
much I can pay attention to at any time, so I apologize in
advance if the following comments are uninformed.  If so, just
ignore them.

I suspect from your comments that you want to use `assert`, but
it's currently reserved by the language and
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1426 was not
followed through on, and is currently owned by a ghost
(literally).

I therefore suggest using `assertThat(whatever)`.  If/when
`assert` is improved upon to allow integration into this library,
`assertThat` can be deprecated.

Sorry if I'm making noise,
Mike