DUB 0.9.24 beta 1 with SDL support ready for testing

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 3 12:16:35 PDT 2015

On Friday, 3 July 2015 at 14:36:24 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 07/03/2015 01:58 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Am 02.07.2015 um 22:45 schrieb rsw0x:
>>>
>>> Have you considered referring to it as SDLang?
>
> FWIW, the D project to read/write that format is named
> "SDLang-D" (for exactly the reasons you describe):
>
> https://github.com/Abscissa/SDLang-D
>

>> I'd be very much in favor of that. We had a chat with the
>> author about
>> possible improvements, but I'm unsure if that topic has been
>> addressed.
>>
>> (Nick, do you remember by any chance where that discussion
>> happened?)
>
> It was all in a ticket (a few tickets?) for SDLang-D (and maybe
> DUB) on github, plus some direct email between marler8997 and
> Daniel (the original SDL guy).
>
> I think this was the main one, not sure if there were others:
> https://github.com/Abscissa/SDLang-D/issues/9

Since SDLang is a fairly obscure format I think we should mirror
the docs somewhere. I was working on a project using SDLang-D and
the spec website was down which was extremely frustrating because
I couldn't find a mirror anywhere. SDLang-D's docs are pretty
good so I was able to sort of work through it during the downtime
but having the actual official docs somewhere extra would be good.