Initial feedback for std.experimental.image

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 6 06:48:51 PDT 2015

So as part of my testing of std.experimental.color I began
writing an image ala ae.graphics style.
It's now ready for very initial feedback.
There is not many image manipulation functions or storage types.
Let alone image loading/exporting. In fact there is no image file
format actually working at this point.
Only the shell for a PNG one is so far written.

I believe it is ready for initial feedback because I feel it is
moving towards "controversial" territory in its design. With the
file format support.
I just need to know that I am going in the right direction as of
now. There is no point in continuing the image reading/writing
support like it is, if nobody likes it.

Docs: http://cattermole.co.nz/phobosImage/docs/html/
Source: http://cattermole.co.nz/phobosImage/

If reviewing the code itself is too much of a hassel, please
review the specification document.
http://cattermole.co.nz/phobosImage/docs/html/std_experimental_image_specification.html

Like ae.graphics it supports ranges for manipulating of image
storage types.
However it does also use std.experimental.allocator.

Please destroy!

Some thoughts of mine:
- std.zlib will need to support allocators
- Can std.experimental.allocator be @nogc pleaseeeee?