Initial feedback for std.experimental.image

Baz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 6 13:16:30 PDT 2015

On Monday, 6 July 2015 at 13:48:53 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> So as part of my testing of std.experimental.color I began
> writing an image ala ae.graphics style.
> It's now ready for very initial feedback.

I don't see some things that immediatly come to my mind as
"usefull" when i think to the image class as it's been done
elsewhere.

- Resampling API ?

  e.g the old trick to get AA: draw on double sized image canvas
and resample to halh using an interpolator.

image.loadFromFile(...);
image.resize(horzRatio, vertRatio, Resampler.linear);
image.saveToFile(...);

- Canvas API ?

myImage.canvas.pen.color = RGBA!ubyte(...);
myImage.canvas.fillRect(...);
etc.

needed to programmatically generate an image.