Initial feedback for std.experimental.image

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 6 20:48:19 PDT 2015

On 7/07/2015 6:04 a.m., Suliman wrote:
>> If people reject
>> the idea of the std lib depending on an outside lib, then I would at
>> least ask that the design be such that an outside lib could be easily
>> used in conjunction with std.image.
> Yes it's not good idea, because you need one freeImage, I need gdal
> image support, but all of us need any standard graphical toolkit at last
> for simple tasks. So if std.image will help to get it a lot of people
> would very thanks full.

My end goal is at least by the end of next year is to have
Devisualization.Window moved into Phobos. From there it is only a matter
of time till somebody comes up with a GUI toolkit.
After all they have the ability to create windows + context on all three
main platforms and can draw anything they like.