Initial feedback for std.experimental.image

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 6 20:54:15 PDT 2015

On 7/07/2015 2:33 p.m., ketmar wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:48:51 +0000, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>
>> Please destroy!
>
> have no real opinion, but for me everything is looking good. i don't
> really care about "ideal design", only about "usable design". and that
> seems usable.
>
>> Some thoughts of mine:
>> - std.zlib will need to support allocators
>
> std.zlib need to stop being crap. i.e. it should be thrown away and
> completely rewritten. i did that several times, including pure D inflate
> and compress/decompress that using byte streams. never used std.zlib as
> is.

In that case, ketmar is now in charge of writing a new std.compression
module for Phobos! Since he already knows these algos well.

We can sort out who does the PR itself into Phobos. Most likely I'll
have to. We can do reviews on the N.G. instead of on Github just so that
he can be responsible for it ;)

And yes, I'll happily add it as a dependency.