DUB 0.9.24 beta 1 with SDL support ready for testing

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 7 00:25:21 PDT 2015

Am 07.07.2015 um 09:01 schrieb Suliman:
> I can't understand why dub are trying to build vibed in app where it's
> does not implicitly linked:
>
> (...)

ddbc has a dependency on mysql-native, which in turn has an optional
dependency on vibe-d. The current behavior for optional dependencies is
to use them as soon as they are available locally. There is an open
ticket to change this [1].

> ================
> error:
> ================
> C:\Users\di\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\vibe-d-0.7.23\source\vibe\appmain.d(28):
> Error: static assert  "Error: -version=VibeDefaultMain is required to
> use vibe.d's default main(). Or use -version=VibeCustomMain to use your
> own main() instead. Please update your build scripts."

This static assert will be removed in 0.7.25 - a warning message has
been there for over a year and the hard error will then have been there
for half a year. Everyone who has still not updated their build script
will just get a linker error, so I think it's safe to pull the switch
now. After that, it shouldn't matter much at all if vibe.d is used under
the hood or not.

[1]: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/issues/361