OctoDeskdex: D language program for your pleasure

Ramon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 7 20:51:05 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 4 July 2015 at 15:00:08 UTC, Guy Gervais wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 00:47:59 UTC, Ramon wrote:
>

>> If anyone is interested in this kind of GUI library, I can
>> write more about how to use it
>
> It looks very interesting, but looking at the sources, it seems
> D is just being used as a container for an HTML/javascript
> application. Is there a way to use D for the internal logic
> too? For example, if I wanted to write a multi-platform game,
> but not do it in javascript how would I setup my screen
> (canvas?) and control what's shown from D?

Yes, you can use D or C++ for the backend (internal logic), and
there is an entire API for the backend->frontend conversastion.

You can access and manipulate the DOM from the backend, as you
can do it also through scripting (the language that Sciter
technology supports is called TIScript, very similar to
javascript).

I recommend do to all the UI logic through scripting. You will
need to use the native D/C++ side for the system stuff, like
feeding the HTML/CSS/img resources, loading the HTML page,
creating the HWND, ...