Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 8 02:06:19 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 7 July 2015 at 23:30:05 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> In fact thinking of it AliasArray seems most descriptive. --

I think that that would be a really bad move, since we already
use the term array for three other completely unrelated items in
the language, and it really isn't an array in any kind of classic
sense. It's an indexable list of heterogenous items where that
list is a compile-time construct and not a runtime data
structure. There's really nothing else like it, and the term
array arguably carries even more baggage with it than tuple, and
tuple has always been a bad fit - both because it implies that
you can nest them (whereas they self-flatten) and because we
already have tuples with std.typecons.Tuple. We'd be going from
having two tuple types and three array types to one tuple type
and four array types. Much as I think that it's a mistake to use
the term tuple for TypeTuple/AliasSeq/etc., I think that it would
be far better to name it AliasTuple than AliasArray.

- Jonathan M Davis