Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 8 07:18:18 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 8 July 2015 at 09:49:59 UTC, ixid wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 July 2015 at 09:13:27 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>> Has anyone come up with anything other than Tuple, Array,
>> List, or Seq? Simply throwing an "s" on the end like they did
>> with Arguments? Then we have Aliases. I doubt that that's a
>> good idea, but it would be an option.
>
> What's wrong with Aliases?

Well, it says less about what it is than something like AliasList
or AliasTuple would, but it also runs afoul of the same problem
that std.container.Array does. It's using the same name as
something else that's commonly talked about but means something
quite different (even if it's related). When folks talk about
aliases right now, they do _not_ mean Aliases. They're talking
about stuff like

alias foo = bar;

And renaming TypeTuple to Aliases is just going to increase
confusion.

- Jonathan M Davis