Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 05:04:33 PDT 2015

On 7/8/15 8:11 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> Which is why I simply picked the name Arguments. The s suffix means
> plural, and doesn't give any preconceived notion about what kind of
> collection it is. It's a convention I've been using in the dmd source
> for some time now, and have found it to be natural and pleasing.

It's not always plural (e.g. Arguments!(int)). And being plural doesn't
lend itself well to documentation. When you want to define some finite
things, you usually wrap that into a construct (collection, set, group,
sequence, list, etc). It's much more natural to talk about a list of
arguments or a list of aliases, than it is to talk about arguments
(which imply you mean all arguments, or arguments as a classification).

-Steve