Extend D's switch statement?

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 07:17:01 PDT 2015

On 07/09/2015 02:54 PM, rsw0x wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 July 2015 at 12:38:11 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> at least part of it was implemented by Kenji himsef, and then blocked
>> due to "this isn't a best solution, and if we'll adopt it, we will not
>> able to adopt an ideal solution when it will come". so far, the ideal
>> solution isn't here (and it's unlikely to arrive), and non-ideal is
>> rejected. double win!
>
> I see this happen a lot, it's always what might be instead of what
> actually exists and

I think most of the compiler source code for the ideal solution occurs
in at least one of Kenji's rejected pull requests.

AFAICS, it's mostly a matter of convincing the guy who wrote
std.typecons.Tuple and the guy who does not want to break some (easily
replaceable) usages of the comma operator and the identifier "_". :-)

> someone was willing to produce.

Someone is often willing to produce awkward language quirks, so I think
being critical of new additions has some value.