Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 14:06:51 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 9 July 2015 at 19:45:21 UTC, Brian Rogoff wrote:
> And after all of the discussion, I like the name AliasSeq more.
> The fact that it sometimes elicits a 'WTF' reaction is perfect;
> it's a D thing (or a 'not normally exposed to the programmer
> thing') so you need to look up what it does. Using Tuple, List,
> or Array in the name is unhelpful, as those names are used a
> lot already.

Yeah. Arguably going with a weirder name has the advantage of
making it so that you're less likely to assume that you
understand it when you see it (since if you haven't studied up on
it, you _don't_ understand it), whereas the other terms -
especially Tuple - tend to make folks assume that they understand
it when they really don't. No one understands
TypeTuples/AliasSeqs without studying up on them. They're just
too unique.

- Jonathan M Davis