Where will D sit in the web service space?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 12 06:41:36 PDT 2015

On 13/07/2015 12:57 a.m., Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 July 2015 at 12:48:25 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>> Controversial part: D is not very pleasant to write web services in
>> currently.
>> [...] Although ruby on rails has some pretty neat ideas.
>
> What's the gap you see? When I use RoR I find it pretty painful compared
> to D.

I believe the biggest problem for me is that I've been around the block
in the web sphere a bit too much without actually using even a quarter
of the popular frameworks.
So for example I at some point see some snippet of code and in this case
RoR where the template is inline with the route function without
anything special and I think ooo nice. I want that. Years later.. no
longer supported or mentioned.

So I know what is possible, just not really willing to get it there
100%. It's late where I am so this is mostly nonsense, little warning
about that.