Linking data types in Phobos documentation

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 12 09:21:49 PDT 2015

Am 12.07.2015 um 17:11 schrieb tcak:
> On Sunday, 12 July 2015 at 12:32:06 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Am 12.07.2015 um 13:13 schrieb tcak:
>>> There is a function prototype in Phobos documentation
>>>
>>> [code]
>>> static @safe SysTime currTime(immutable TimeZone tz = LocalTime());
>>> [/code]
>>>
>>> I want to click on "SysTime" or "TimeZone" data types to reach their
>>> documentation quickly. Could Ddoc be improved for this?
>>
>> http://dlang.org/library/std/datetime/clock.curr_time.html
>
> Am I using wrong doc pages?
>
> I just searched it on google, and it brought
> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_datetime.html which is quite different.

There is a new documentation layout at
http://dlang.org/library/index.html

It's still in the testing phase, but has received quite a number of
improvements, cross-referencing being one of them. There are supposed to
be links to navigate between the current and the new documentation, but
they haven't been implemented yet. Right now you can find it in the left
menu under "Resources".

If you have additional ideas for improvements, or in case of bugs, you
can file a issue on https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/issues (the
documentation generator that generates the new documentation).