Where will D sit in the web service space?

Etienne Cimom via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 12 13:36:25 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 12 July 2015 at 12:14:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I've been thinking a bit about where languages fit in the web
> service space. Both mobile app and web services are likely
> candidates for typed and efficient languages. I'm not at all
> happy with the "prolific" choices that are available. Yet, D is
> currently not in a strong position for mobile apps or web
> servers. So what does the competition look like?
>
> [...]

For me at least, D has a lot more to offer because with the
recent developments in vibe.d, it's the only language that offers
the opportunity to write portable Web applications in the true
sense, ie. The user interface being in a browser, the backend
being a natively compiled service in the computer. With a 2
megabytes packed PE that is. It may not seem useful, but to me
it's revolutionary. Javascript user interfaces on the desktop are
a very good replacement for the traditional GUI, and absolutely
cross platform. I see nothing I need in other frameworks that I
can't offer myself in D. We're already on top and we don't know
it yet