Where will D sit in the web service space?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 05:06:23 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 10:12:33 UTC, Faux Amis wrote:

> In my experience, vibe.d is a beautiful alternative to node.js
> and it is not the immaturity of D that is holding it back,
> vibe.d just needs to grow a bit.

My experience has been the opposite. While vibe.d is far from
complete, in the same sense of completeness as other massive web
frameworks, most of what's there works as advertised and there
are no major problems with it. I also like that the vibed
developers work on making vibed a good framework in general
instead of working on a "scratching-my-own-itches" basis. Most
issues with current features get fixed as they are reported,
which really increases the feeling of quality, and the sense of
security for it's users.

D is a great language, but in my opinion, it's ecosystem as a
whole is not mature enough for serious development on a large
scale.