Support for 2.064.2

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 05:56:20 PDT 2015

Am 12.07.2015 um 15:50 schrieb Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d:
> Hi,
>
> Out of curiosity, how many projects are still supporting D 2.064.2
> compiler/runtime?  Granted that this is the version shipped in the
> current Debian Stable and  Ubuntu LTS (which will be supported until 2020).
>
> I'm both interested in how much willingness, and how much awareness
> there are around maintaining versions that are shipped with an OS whose
> combined market share potentially make up for 50% of all Linux Servers.
>
> Also whether or not anyone actually took on board my announcement last year.
>
> Regards
> Iain.

The only active one I know of is DUB:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/blob/10b3a63b6433bf97c6b56e44c1e78f80b9238a6f/.travis.yml#L11

However, I've never tried to use the shipped packages on Ubuntu or
Debian during the last years, because I knew how out of date they are.

Apart from DUB, especially for vibe.d, it's next to impossible to
maintain anything complex for as far back as 2.064 due to a few very
nasty issues. On top of that it's already sometimes really hard for me
personally to stick to the current "last 3 frontend versions" rule,
because I'm really eager to use some of the "newish" features ;)