Support for 2.064.2

FreeSlave via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 05:59:50 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 12 July 2015 at 13:51:46 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Out of curiosity, how many projects are still supporting D
> 2.064.2 compiler/runtime?  Granted that this is the version
> shipped in the current Debian Stable and  Ubuntu LTS (which
> will be supported until 2020).
>
> I'm both interested in how much willingness, and how much
> awareness there are around maintaining versions that are
> shipped with an OS whose combined market share potentially make
> up for 50% of all Linux Servers.
>
> Also whether or not anyone actually took on board my
> announcement last year.
>
> Regards
> Iain.

While I'm trying to support older compiler versions in my own
libraries, sometimes things may become really hacky due to old
bugs or lack of certain features and I eventually give up.

Can't say about others people's libraries, but I believe Derelict
libraries are designed to support older versions too, e.g. they
declare nogc attribute, so older compilers don't complain about
unknown attribute.