Where will D sit in the web service space?

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 07:05:54 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 12:06:25 UTC, Márcio Martins wrote:
> D is a great language, but in my opinion, it's ecosystem as a
> whole is not mature enough for serious development on a large
> scale.

I think it's growing at a fast enough pace now that people can
feel safe to invest their time and join/contribute to the
ecosystem. Talking for myself, I like to be part of something
that grows positively and incrementally where I can make a
difference. A lot of other communities have many libraries and
many community members but are stuck on performance/efficiency
bottlenecks due to language design, nobody has the power to
change it, and here we are with the solution in vibe.d, where the
D community in general will probably not see this until decades
from here.