Where will D sit in the web service space?

Faux Amis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 08:58:03 PDT 2015

On Mon 13/07/2015 16:58, Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 12:39:51 UTC, Faux Amis wrote:
>> To me the GC is there for prototyping anf the moment we have
>> performance issues we can strip out the lacking parts.
>
> So in essence you think of D taking a position closer to Rust/C++ than
> Go/Java.
Sadly, I have insignificant experience with Rust and Go.
Nowadays I am doing mostly frontend js.

Not sure on which aspects I should position D; use case, usage?

Does this help:

C++
learning curve: Wall after wall

Java
Stop forcing me!

Js
Easy to write bad code.

Easy to learn but slow until you optimize.