Absence of zip archives on downloads page

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 14 14:51:58 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 14 July 2015 at 20:58:09 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> Is there some reason that there is no link to the zip for
> generic Linux distributions? Suppose a Slackware user were to
> visit the downloads page (http://dlang.org/download.html). She
> would only see downloads for other distributions. The zip links
> are already there for several distros, so I don't see why there
> isn't a button for "All Linux Distributions".

Weird. They used to be there. Certainly, I'd use the zip archive
way before I touched any of the distribution-specific releases,
even if I were on one of those distros. It's just so nice and
trivial to use the zip archive, and I don't have to worry about
where the .rpm or .deb or whatever puts stuff - or whether it
even works with the exact release of the distro that I'm using.

I definitely agree that the zip file should be listed.

- Jonathan M Davis