Creator of LLVM, Clang, and Swift Says To Not Write Security Critical Code In C/C++

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 14 21:39:12 PDT 2015

On 7/14/2015 5:28 PM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> Whhyyyyy are you guys assuming that people don't know how to use a profiler?

Experience. Whenever I work with someone who tells me they don't need to profile
because they know where their bottlenecks are, and I badger them into using a
profiler, they turn out to be wrong.

100% of the time.

Myself included.

---------
But that's all beside the point, which is that a programmer who is capable of
writing top shelf performant programs in C++ can match or exceed that using D.
All of the low level features of C++ are available in D.