Where will D sit in the web service space?

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 15 01:43:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 14 July 2015 at 16:25:29 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I think the rest comes when you have the best feature set for a
> particular domain and a polished compiler/runtime. So yeah,
> maybe Game clients is the best bet, since you don't have to
> change the semantics too much (low latency GC and linear typing
> would take time to work in) and games benefits from C++/iOS
> interop. Indie games have low adoption threshold and could work
> as marketing.

I actuallly don't think low latency GCs are that great for
gamedev because they not only have far lower throughput, but
reduce the overall performance of the application.

They're great for e.g, networking where throughput and maximum
performance really isn't a big deal but low latency is.

A high throughput GC that could complete in a few frames would
probably be better, IMO.