Creator of LLVM, Clang, and Swift Says To Not Write Security Critical Code In C/C++

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 15 03:23:22 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 09:52:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> You also said:
>
> "I use the GCC extensions/compiler hints…"
>
> Being extensions, they aren't part of C itself.

Yes, I use them in hot spots, because I think it makes sense to
explicitly vectorize a loop if I make it a requirement. The
annotations document what I want from the loop.

I don't have to, I could recompile until the asm looks right. But
that is more tedium and code changes down the road can affect it.