Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Brian Rogoff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 15 08:51:40 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 15:33:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Probably this won't be very useful here because the abstraction
> we describe is rather complex. I'd be happy with something that
> a dozen of folks around here agree isn't bad.

I sense that the disdain for 'splat' was on account of its use as
onomatopeia. I understand, and thought the same thing at first
(reminded me of the old Batman TV series: Bam! Boffo! Splat!) but
we get used to anything.

> If there's consensus for splat, I'm fine allowing it. I'm
> personally not very convinced because I'd never heard of the
> term before and (as I described) I was unable to discover with
> google what it means.

'splat operator' is how I'd Google it. If you're familiar with
Ruby or PHP you'll see that terminology. Coffeescript too; here's
an SO entry that gets the idea across

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6201657/what-does-splats-mean-in-the-coffeescript-tutorial