Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 16 00:14:32 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 16 July 2015 at 06:32:15 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-07-07 23:16, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> So I thought we were supposed to replace bad names with good
>> names.
>> Template arguments are indexable, so "sequence" doesn't quite
>> apply.
>>
>> What happened? Why are we replacing a crappy term with another
>> crappy term?
>
> How about "Bag" or "AliasBag"?

A "bag" is the same as a C++ multi-set.

Let's go over the common usage:

"list": finite ordered source of entities

"tuple": in math it is a fixed length list of values, in
programming it usually has semantics close to a record/struct
with numbers instead of field names and structural typing.

"sequence": infinite or finite list of values of the same
kind/type

"bag": unordered list

"set": bag with unique entities

"array": run-time indexable bag