Where will D sit in the web service space?

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 16 03:29:52 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 14:57:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> You have deadlines or you miss frames in graphics, you have
> deadlines in audio, you have memory subsystem requirements that
> are similar, you also want to tap into the coprocessor (which
> we now think of as GPU) for all kinds of application areas: 3D
> sculpting, photo editors, audio workstations, photon based
> tracers, real time ray tracers, 3D scan browsers… I don't think
> shooters are all that special.

And there are tasks which benefit from being written in
assembler. What's your point? And what the topic was about? Maybe
I didn't understand it well? And what missed frames have to do
with audio workstations and photo editors?

> I think basically any interactive desktop application that you
> cannot do easily in Java is a candidate that could benefit from
> the same feature set.

Like minecraft?