Phobos: test suite

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 16 04:39:08 PDT 2015

I do not believe this issue has been raised yet.
But for std.experimental.image (or at least to my intention) I
will be needing a test suite for e.g. PNG file format
loader/exporter.

To my knowledge we currently only support unittests for Phobos.
What I need structure wise is similar to dmd's testsuite.

I do not know nor want to get into setting this up.

For example the PNG file format it should really be tested using
separate programs to compare against load/export/load for the
files[0].
This is quite crucial to ensure the correctness of the
loader/exporter. It will help prevent and detect many bugs.

So, would anybody like to get a head start on it?

[0] http://www.schaik.com/pngsuite/