Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 16 08:29:40 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 16 July 2015 at 15:21:01 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 July 2015 at 14:44:23 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> We are arguing about a name for argument lists. For name
>> 'AliasSomething' to not be a lie, `T...` must be be absolutely
>> identical to `alias a, alias b, ...` which currently is not
>> the case.
>
> We could just document that the compiler contains a bug in the
> current alias implementation, but AliasSomething is named after
> the specification of how alias must work. Then the alias fix
> can go into version +1.

It will mean compiler bug will actually be fixed several years
later and we will have another misleading dichotomy for that
time. And most likely actual fix will be implemented with
semantics different from ones originally discussed. I know how
things work with D development.

Please, stop making compromises. It isn't politics. Outline
issues, define constraints, reject partial solutions. Either
stuff get fixed or it is better not touched at all until someone
is ready to put in necessary effort.

Stop playing democrat. It is incompatible with open-source by
design and only results in crappy technology.