Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 17 18:38:23 PDT 2015

On Friday, 17 July 2015 at 21:22:00 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Friday, 17 July 2015 at 20:54:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I recall that my naming of "setExt()" was universally panned
>> for using an abbreviation.
>
> No, it was because the abbreviation was the sole distinction
> from another function's name.

Yeah. As long as abbreviations are reasonably clear they're
actually a _good_ thing because they reduce code length without
losing clarity. When you have multiword symbol names, they get
ugly _really_ fast if you don't abbreviate. It's one of the
things that tends to make Java code ugly; they frequently have
overly long names because they don't abbreviate.

- Jonathan M Davis