Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 17 18:44:26 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 01:32:45 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 7/17/15 8:20 PM, Mike wrote:
>> On Friday, 17 July 2015 at 20:54:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> Should just be "Aliases".
>>
>> I'd be happy to do the pull request if you wish.
>
> Let's get the "+1"s on this - please reply. I'm fine with
> Aliases with an extra umph that the BDFL favors it. -- Andrei

_Please_ no. It'll just make it extra confusing whether you're
talking about what was TypeTuple or just aliases in general.
That's why I've never liked the name Array for std.container. You
always have to be extra careful when talking about it to make it
clear what you mean, and if you're actually talking instead of
writing, it's that much worse. And honestly, I wouldn't expect a
type to have a name which was plural, and I'd expect the fact
that it's plural would just increase the confusion. And
TypeTuple, AliasSeq, whatever is already confusing enough as a
concept without naming it something that adds confusion on its
own.

- Jonathan M Davis