Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 18 02:47:01 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 02:07:42 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> (I haven't read any of this thread because I'm exhausted with
> this topic so just ignore me if you guys have already rehashed
> and dismissed Seq. I don't care enough about the outcome
> anymore to fight for it.)

It has been dismissed for semantic reasons... people just gloss
over it.

"Seq" is a term that is used in formal specification in CS that
usually means sequence-of-values-with-type(X). Sequence-of-ints,
sequence-of-chars…

In general usage, "sequence" usually implies a series of values
where distance/order is important for interpretation:
DNA-sequence, Fibonacci-sequence, instruction-sequence,
animation-sequence, sequences in music scores (time series in
general), the output of generators (recurrence relations etc),
etc.